Interested in advertising at the Burlington International Airport? Please contact Erin Knapp, our Marketing/Advertising Coordinator, who will be happy to supply you with a listing of the variety of advertising option that are available.
BURLINGTON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
REQUEST FOR QUOTES
AIRPORT SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE
Burlington International Airport is requesting written quotes to provide shuttle bus service between the Customs Border Patrol (CBP) facility located adjacent to Heritage Aviation facility on Aviation Avenue and the main terminal of the airport.
Details are as follows:
• Shuttle service will start on December 14, 2014 and continue through April 5, 2015 as outlined in the attached schedule provided by Porter Airlines.
• Passengers will arrive by airline at the CBP facility located at the east end of the Heritage Aviation facility at 228 Aviation Avenue. Shuttle service will be between that facility and the Airport terminal building at 1200 Airport Drive.
• It is required that continuous round trip shuttle bus service be available for each arriving Porter Airline flight. This anticipates commitment of vehicles and drivers for up to 3 hours for each arriving flight.
• It is anticipated that two vehicles will be necessary to provide this shuttle bus service with each having a capacity of no less than 18 seats.
• It will be necessary to transport luggage and ski equipment along with passengers from the CBP facility to the terminal. Thus, there will be need for a trailer with each shuttle bus to accommodate luggage. The cost of this trailer should be included in the base quote.
• Rate quotes should include a separate statement concerning costs related to cancelled or delay flights.
• Price quotes should be inclusive of drivers, handling of luggage, shuttle buses and trailers and all associated fees.
• Current level of insurance: Must include General and Comprehensive commercial liability of $5million. Comprehensive auto liability of $1million. Airport would be named insured and receive copy of endorsement.
• Required information is as follows:
a. Name of Company/primary contact person
b. Address/phone number/email address
c. Experience information
d. Price quotes per discussion above
Please submit your quote to the following address by 2:00pm on Monday, November 10, 2014:
Reference: Shuttle Bus Service
Burlington International Airport
1200 Airport Drive #1
South Burlington, VT 05403
City of Burlington, Vermont
Burlington International Airport
Notice of Availability of Houses for Sale
and Relocation to Other Sites
The City of Burlington, Burlington International Airport, herein referred to as the “Owner”, has acquired ninety-one (91) properties in the City of South Burlington located in residential neighborhoods adjacent to the airport. These properties have been acquired with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Airport Improvement Program (AIP) funding under a course of action that is intended to reduce the number of individuals living in close proximity to airports where high noise levels exist. Vacant houses and associated buildings presently exist on these properties and these need to be removed. Currently, ninety-one (91) houses listed below are available for sale and relocation to another site. Additional houses will be offered for sale in separate, future advertisements. All houses are located in the City of South Burlington, Vermont and listed by street address as follows:
Street Name Address
Airport Drive: #1103, #1107, #1111, #1131, #1159, #1165, #1171, #1185, #1205, #1227, #1237, #1247, #1257, #1261, #1265, #1375, #1379, #1387
Airport Parkway: #110, #120, #200 - #202, #206, #214, #218
Delaware Street: #2, #5
Dumont Avenue: #13, #31, #57, #61, #64, #68, #72, #73, #76, #77
Elizabeth Street: #3, #6
Ledoux Terrace: #2
Maryland Street: #5, #23
North Henry Court: #10, #38, #39
Patrick Street: #2, #3, #4, #6
Picard Circle: #4, #6, #8, #10, #12
Shamrock Road: #7
White Street: #392, #396, #400
Street Name Address
Airport Drive: #1079/1081, #1085, #1089, #1181, #1233, #1253, #1371, #1383
Airport Parkway: #104
Delaware Street: #3, #4
Dumont Avenue: #69
Elizabeth Street: #1
Kirby Road: #238
Ledoux Terrace: #5, #6, #8, #11, #15/17
Maryland Street: #1, #3, #7, #13, #17
North Henry Court: #53, #54
Pump Lane #87
South Henry Court: #11, #49
White Street: #420, #441, #448, #449, #451
A general summary of sale terms and conditions are as follows:
• Houses listed for removal will be sold in an “AS IS” condition.
• Houses must be removed from the parcel and site cleanup completed between April 15, 2015 and July 15, 2015.
• Sale of the building to the Buyer does not create a right, title, or interest of any sort in the land upon which the building is now located.
• Buyers must submit a performance surety in the amount of $1,000.00 which will be returned upon completion of the house removal Buyer’s Agreement. Surety for Buyer’s performance may be in the form of certified check, cashier’s check, or money order.
• Buyers must complete site cleanup including installation of erosion control fencing along the perimeter of the site, installation of protective fencing around the open foundation upon removal of the house, removal of existing foundation wall demolition to two (2) feet below existing grade, demolition of the basement slab, filling of the remaining excavation with clean granular type fill material, existing utility disconnections, grading, debris removal, and final topsoiling, seeding and mulching of the disturbed site. Driveways and walkways are to remain.
• Buyer’s must remove and dispose of the existing items found in house basements prior to foundation demolition and backfill including but not limited to furnaces, laundry tubs, appliances, furniture, ducts, pipes, wiring, wood, wallboard, columns, and miscellaneous debris.
• Existing above grade and below grade fuel tanks will be removed by the Owner.
• Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments have been completed for the 57 houses in Group A. These indicate the presence of any asbestos containing materials and lead paint. Environmental Site Assessment Reports are available to prospective Buyer’s. Buyer, at his/her sole expense, will be responsible for complying with all Federal, State, and Local environmental rules, laws, and regulations including associated removal costs prior to removal of the house from the site.
• It is expected that Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments will be completed for the 34 houses in Group B by April 1, 2015.
• In the event that there is no interest or response for removal of a specific house being offered by this advertisement, then the house will be either deconstructed or demolished through a separate bidding process.
A mandatory pre-bid conference will be held in Airport Conference Room #1 at the Burlington International Airport, 1200 Airport Drive, South Burlington, Vermont on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at 10:00 a.m., local time. Immediately following the pre-bid conference, site visits will be available upon request. If bidders plan on attending the mandatory pre-bid conference, advise Jon Leinwohl at Stantec Consulting Services, Inc., by the close of business on Friday, November 14, 2014. Contact information is listed below.
Please note that the Board of Airport Commissioners is committed to ensuring that Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) firms participate to the maximum extent possible in all work at the Burlington International Airport.
The Board of Airport Commissioners reserves the right to reject any and all bids, to waive any technical or legal deficiencies and to accept any bid that it may deem to be in the best interest of the airport. No bidder may withdraw his bid for a period of 60 days following the bid opening.
Sealed Buyer’s Agreement Form, Schedule of Prices Form, and Surety for Buyer’s performance will be received at Airport Conference Room #1, Burlington International Airport, 1200 Airport Drive, South Burlington, Vermont 05403 until Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at 10:00 a.m., local time and then publicly opened and read aloud. The Owner reserves the right to accept or reject any or all Buyer’s Agreement Forms for any reason and to waive informalities therein. Execution of Buyer’s Agreement Forms will be contingent upon issuance of Zoning (Demolition) Permits. Houses for sale may be inspected by appointment only by calling Stantec Consulting Services, Inc., at (802)864-0223.
Complete Buyer’s Instructions and Specifications, copies of individual Environmental Site Assessment Reports, Buyer’s Agreement Form, and Schedule of Prices Form can be obtained from Blueprints Etc., Inc., 20 Farrell Street, South Burlington, Vermont 05403 at (802)865-4503 (email@example.com) upon nonrefundable payment of $35.
Environmental Site Assessment Reports, for the houses in Group A, can be obtained from Burlington International Airport’s website at: http://www.btv.aero/index.php/airport-guide/community-connection
The Environmental Site Assessment Reports, for the houses in Group B, will be posted to the website when available.
All requests for information regarding this sale shall be made to:
Jon Leinwohl, P.E.
Stantec Consulting Services, Inc.
55 Green Mountain Drive
South Burlington, Vermont 05403
The OWNER will base the contract award for each house based on the highest responsive bid for each specific house as submitted on the Schedule of Prices Form. The OWNER will NOT base the contract award on the aggregate amount of all prices bid in the event that a bidder submits a bid on multiple houses.
JEFF MUNGER, CHAIRMAN
BOARD OF AIRPORT COMMISSIONERS