New to flying?
Welcome to Burlington International Airport
Thank you for flying with us! Following is information about what to expect – and some tips for making your travels easier.
Have a wonderful trip!
When you arrive:
For your convenience, our terminal is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Our parking garage is just a few steps from the door of the terminal. Simply full up to the main entrance and take a parking ticket from the self-serve ticket dispenser. If you’re arriving via taxi or a private car, you’ll be dropped off right in front of the terminal’s main entrance.
We recommend you arrive 1-1/2 to 2 hours prior to your scheduled departure, especially during peak hours and holidays.
Once inside, the airline ticket counters and check-in areas are directly ahead of you. Airline staff are on hand prior to each flight’s scheduled departure.
Smart Traveler Tip: Mark any checked baggage with brightly colored tape or ribbon for easy recognition on the baggage carousel.
At the Security Checkpoint:
Please be prepared before you get to the front of the line by following these simple steps:
- Have your ID and boarding pass ready for inspection. Be certain the name on your ID and boarding pass are exactly the same. This will get you and everyone else through security faster!
- Ensure that everyone in your party has followed the 3-1-1 Rule for Carry-Ons (3.4 ounces or smaller containers of liquids or gels, contained in a 1 quart zip-top plastic bag; 1 bag allowed per traveler). For a complete list of rules for carry-on items, visit www.tsa.gov.
- If you’re traveling with a laptop or tablet computer, take it out of your bag and put it in a security bin.
- Be prepared to remove your shoes and everything from your pockets. Don’t forget about removing your belt, as it may set off metal detectors.
- Speak with young children about the screening process so they will not be frightened or surprised. If you are accompanying a minor to the gate, please contact the airline about escort passes at the airport. They are often available through the ticket counter or at check-in.
If you would like more information about the security process, please refer to the Saftey and Security page or learn more about Hazardous Materials for Passengers by clicking here.
Relax and enjoy the comfort and convenience of BTV’s amenities, including:
- Free Wi-Fi
- Comfortable seating areas
- Charging stations (North Concourse only)
- Food and beverages, including Vermont-made options
- Gifts and goodies – whether you need to grab some last minute items for your trip or a special gift for to present at your destination, visit the Hudson kiosks in both the North and South concourses
If You Fear Flying
It’s better not to conceal it – and certainly don’t be embarrassed about it. Some suggestions that can make you more comfortable:
- Be upfront. Reserve a seat near the front of the cabin.
- Don’t miss the movie. It’s a great distraction.
- Bring music. When else do you have time to sit back and really appreciate it?
- Read on. A magazine, newspaper or better yet – a book!
- Go caffeine free. Coffee and other caffeinated products can make you more jittery.
You Can Breathe Easier in Burlington’s Airport
We are committed to making your flying experience as comfortable as we possibly can. From the moment you join us, you’ll notice the smiles and the attitude that say “we’re glad you’re here.”